Cyprus Citizenship Procedure
Applying for the Cyprus Investment Program is a transparent and secure procedure. Excellent living conditions on the island attract foreign investors not only as a holiday destination, but also as a potential place for relocation and family residence. Becoming a citizen of Cyprus means that residents can enjoy a low crime rate, democratic prices and small cultural differences (for example, in Cyprus, as in the CIS countries, the Orthodox religion is widespread). In addition, Cyprus is a member state of the European Union, providing access to the free movement of workers, goods, services and people.
Investments in real estate, development land and infrastructure projects:
- Investment of at least € 2,000,000 (excluding VAT and any transfer fees for the purchase of land)
- Investments must include the purchase or construction of buildings, other projects (residential or commercial projects or developments in the tourism sector), or other infrastructure projects, including real estate acquired after their initial sale (i.e. resale)
- Mandatory contribution of € 75,000 to the Cyprus Land Corporation and € 75,000 to the Cyprus Research and Innovation Fund, unless the applicant invests a minimum of € 75,000 in a certified innovative enterprise (i.e. an enterprise that has acquired the relevant certificate from the Ministry of Finance)
Purchase, establishment or participation in a Cyprus business:
- Purchase or participation in the work of companies established and operating in Cyprus, with investment costs of at least 2 million Euro.
- The investment funds must be used to finance the objectives of these companies exclusively in Cyprus, based on a specific investment plan. Such companies or organizations must have a proven physical presence in Cyprus with significant activity and turnover, and must have at least five (5) Cypriots or citizens of the Member States of the European Union on staff.
- The minimum number of employees will be increased if more than one applicant invests at the same time (or almost simultaneously) in the same business or company.
Investments in Alternative Investment Funds (“AIF”) or financial assets of Cypriot companies that are licensed by the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission (“CySec”):
- Acquisition of properties worth at least € 2 million from AIF established in Cyprus, licensed and controlled by CySec. This investment must be made exclusively in Cyprus.
- This investment must be made exclusively in Cyprus.
- These investments must comply with the criteria of the Scheme, or norms approved by the Ministry of Finance.
A combination of the above investments:
- A combination of the above investments, provided that the total investment is at least 2 million euros.
- Under this option (combination of investments), the Applicant can purchase special government bonds of the Republic of Cyprus for up to EUR 500,000, which will be issued by the Public Debt Management Department of the Ministry of Finance, provided that the investor retains these bonds for a period of three years.
- The characteristics and conditions of these special bonds will be determined by the General and Special Rules for the Issue of Government Bonds of the Republic.
- Investing in government bonds through the secondary market is not considered eligible.